We’re happy to announce Castle Game Engine 6.0.2 release!
This is a small, mostly-bugfix release. So we only have 6 new features:)
- sprite-sheet-to-x3d tool: The animations duration is now calculated looking at the number of animation frames and the FramesPerSecond value. FramesPerSecond is by default 4, but it can be changed by the –fps= command-line option.
- New test_local_characters testcase (inside examples/fonts/test_local_characters/), testing reading and rendering of international characters (Chinese, Russian, Greek…).
- LoadAnimatedGifs, see an example GIF player🙂 It requires having ffmpeg installed, though, for now.
- Better API around TextureProperties X3D node.
- Automatic gzip extension recognition for URLReadXML / URLWriteXML (by Eugene Loza, thanks!).
- Unix manpages for utilities can be generated (see doc/man/man1/ in sources). All utilities support now –help and –version options.
- OpenGLES (mobile) fixes for Color and ColorRGBA nodes handling.
- Removed the proprietary Chartboost and Heyzap jar files from the distribution. They were packaged by accident in our zip and tar.gz archives. Users should download them on their own, following links from Android components page.
- Fix reading X3D files with IMPORT.
- Fix UI in examples/fonts/html_text.lpr.
- Various fixes for switching font at runtime. The test_local_characters demo shows that now everything works.
- Remove the warnings from FPC 3.x around WideString convertions when dealing with XML units (by Eugene Loza).
Please check the downloaded file correctness!
Downloading the files from SourceForge may be unreliable now, in my tests. After downloading, please double-check the correctness of the downloaded
- the size should be precisely 126164527 ,
- the md5sum should be 7f6ccd3f4d6a2547299ea4dc9ef0ad15 .
I’m talking with SourceForge to have it fixed. Eventually, we may move our downloads to another server.